• What is a UPS?
For its acronym in English: uninterruptible power system (Uninterruptible Power System).
A UPS is a system that will allow you to continue using your equipment connected to it for a period of time in case of having a general current loss.
• What backup time does my No-Break UPS give me?
Depending on the device or devices connected and the load they require, that is, depending on the load to be connected, all UPS are designed to support from 5 to 7 min at full load capacity and from 10 to 15 min at half load. his capacity.
• Can I connect printers?
Depending on the capacity of your UPS equipment and the type of printer, there are printers that require a regular consumption such as inkjet printers, these can be connected to the UPS but it is recommended to do it in the Bypass that allows to protect from a peak voltage but Do not hold the printer on in case of power loss.
In the case of laser printers, some of these consume too much current and can exceed the capacity of the UPS and overload it, causing damage to the UPS, in case you need a UPS to back a laser printer, you should know the requirements of the same printer and ensure that the selected UPS meets these requirements, remember also that if you plan to use the UPS to connect the printer, in addition to other equipment the capacity of the UPS must support the sum of the consumption of all other connected equipment.
• How do I calculate my UPS? (Watts) (Amperes) (Voltage)
All electronic devices have a plate (label) data that indicates the voltage and current that is required.
Example: 120Vac 2 Amperes. To know the watts of this example, we have to multiply the Amperes by the Voltage which in this case is 120 X 2 = 240 this is the total watts that the product needs, if you plan to use more equipment you should consider the specifications of the others .
You connect a 240-watt printer, a 120-watt monitor (120 Vac x 1 ampere) and a desktop computer uses between 65 to 250 watts, the average would be 120 watts, a computer equipment that includes the 3 elements would need 480 Watts on average, so as not to be too fair, a unit that exceeds the requirement would be recommended at least 20%
• How is an online UPS different from an interactive UPS or a backup UPS?
The UPS Online:
- It does not have battery transfer time and is designed for more critical loads such as Servers, Medical equipment, Telecommunications equipment, etc.
- Output voltage 120 +/- 1%
- It has pure Sine wave in line and battery, also has a wider range of voltage acceptance.
The Interactive UPS:
-It has transfer time to batteries of 2 to 6 milliseconds and has electronic regulator included.
- It is designed for conventional devices such as office and home PC,
- Sine Wave in line and Cuasi-sinoidal in battery
• Where can I find an authorized distributor?
- On our official website https://www.cdpups.com/distribution.asp find the list of distributors by territory.
• How to Contact Technical Support by CDP?
In Bolivia - 800-100156
In Colombia - 01-800-5181617
In Costa Rica - 800 4357237
In El Salvador - 800 6773
In Mexico - 001800 - 5148611
In Panama - 011-00800 - 2268611
In Peru - 0800-54674
In the Dominican Republic - 1888 - 751 4876
In Venezuela - 0800-162-7485
In Puerto Rico - 1-800-508-7081
• Why does my new UPS not turn on?
Please check your user manual and be sure to remove the battery protector, and after this Make sure to leave the unit connected for at least 4 hours, at the end of this time try to turn it on again, if the equipment still does not turn on please to contact CDP technical support.
• Why does not my UPS support?
Please verify that the equipment to be backed up is connected in the backup connectors and not in the Bypass connectors. Make sure that the equipment has been connected to the power supply for at least 4 hours. If the problem persists, it is possible that a battery is damaged, please contact CDP technical support.
• How to know if my UPS battery is OK? What if it needs to be replaced?
The correct way to test your unit is to connect it to the minimum wall socket for 4 hours, make sure that the connected equipment does not exceed the capacity of the UPS. Unplug the UPS cable from the wall outlet, the UPS should stay on with the alarm that indicates a loss of supply to the wall.
If the device shuts down immediately, it indicates that there is a problem with the unit and the problem may be in the battery. Please contact CDP technical support.
• How can I get help finding the right replacement battery for my UPS?
Please contact CDP technical support via phone, Email, via Chat or by calling the CDP Customer Service Center or online on the online chat.